Sunday, January 27, 2008

White Middle Age Males could control this election

I am a white middle age voters, a voting group in South Carolina that John Edwards carried. First I WANT TO MAKE IT CLEAR I am staying with John Edwards all the way. However The conventional wisdom is that if Edwards was not running we would be supporting Obama. but in my case I cannot vote for Obama or Hillary.



I am going to make a bold prediction. It is going to be the white middle age middle class voter who is going to be the swing voter that will control the outcome of the general election not unlike the Reagan Democrats or in more recent years the soccer moms. We as a group tend to vote democratic at least we prefer to. But at times we vote Republican. I am afraid this might be one of those times. Many of my contacts, white middle age males that normally vote Democratic have told me if Obama or Hillary is nominated they are going to vote for the Republican especially if it is John McCain. On the whole there is really not many of us (white males) that are loyal to the Democratic party. Most white males vote Republican. But there is enough of us if we swing we will control the outcome of the election.

I cannot see myself voting for a Republican but I might sit at home or I could cast a vote for every slot but president. I guess the Democratic Party does not need or want my vote especially the way they have treated Edwards.

No comments: